Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Best Kept Secret in Rockwall

When I think about how "Her Secret Garden" started and all the miracles that took place in order for me to open the doors it truly takes my breath away. I thank God for His amazing provisions and inspirations.


A dear friend of mine gave me the name "Her Secret Garden." It all centered around being the best kept secret in Rockwall, Texas.

 

As the name denotes, I have tried to create an atmosphere of peace and tranquility. With life and its fast pace, I wanted to give people a pleasant place to slow down and catch their breath.


Originally, we opened in l989 inside a hair salon, just as a small boutique. One year later, I opened the doors to a 2000 square foot gift store. Three years later, I replaced half my store with tables and ventured out into the tea room business.  

 

It was all very new for me to venture into hospitality. But I enjoy entertaining and serving people in my own home and I thought it would be great to create a warm inviting place for people to have lunch. I could be just as gracious and hospitable. What most people never saw was the late nights that I would work to replace all the food that had been sold earlier that day...sometimes into the wee morning! Over the years, the tea room began to be the predominate source of attraction. Although, everyone loved to be able to come eat and shop so I continued to maintain the tea room and stock the gift shop.

 

It was the hardest day of my life when I had to close my doors due to an unexpected increase in my lease agreement that I felt like my baby had just died. A close friend reminded me, "When God closes a door, He opens another..." and that is just what He did. Suddenly, I got the call that 203 S. Fannin St. was available. The owner of the property was wanting to put a tea room in that location.


Nine months later, we took over the new location to paint and remodel. We had a successful grand opening with an astounding response! Returning patrons showed they still loved us and expressed that they were glad we were back.

 

I owe so much to the faithful customers who keep coming back and bringing their friends to have lunch. They have become in a sense a part of my family. We always enjoy seeing our regular customers and making them feel right at home. I love it when they come in and need a hug that I can take the time to give them one. I hope that they know that they are appreciated and are loved very much. I always pray that someone would be touched or made to feel special when they walk through the doors.

 

It brings a lot of love, satisfaction and fulfillment to entertain and cook for others. When I see that my customers are enjoying the place and the dishes served it makes it worthwhile. There is nothing more satisfying than being a blessing to another. Thank you to our friends and family! Look forward to see our first website that will feature our menu, a photo gallery and our services. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter which will inform you of our upcoming events, special incentives, brunch discounts and more!


God Bless,

Diane Palermo

Owner of Rockwall's Best Kept Secret


1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. Please keep sharing.
    Catering in Greenville

    ReplyDelete